New for 2023!
We have added a Solo Fat Bike category! Participants with a bike that have tires at least 3.8 inches wide can compete in this category.
The event is now a weekend long event! Participants can now arrive Friday to pre-ride the course (day pass required), pick up their race kit, meet sponsors and local community partners. Saturday, after a long day in the saddle, participants can celebrate their accomplishments over food, beer and live music.
About the Race:
The 5th annual Hurtin in Haliburton Gravel Relay Race has become recognized for its relaxed and beginner friendly format featuring a 27km backcountry gravel loop. Participants can expect flowy gravel roads, beautiful scenery, 330m of climbing/lap with the option of racing solo or in teams of two, alternating throughout. We offer a safe and social environment for our growing gravel community with the philosophy that all participants Start Together and Finish Together encouraging participants to build friendships whether on the course, in the pits or at the post-race celebration.
Race Participants Must:
- Stay on right side of the road
- Use a certified bicycle helmet
- Follow course and park signage
- Listen for vehicles. No ear buds or head phones allowed on course.
- A bicycle with tires 32mm wide or larger is strongly recommended
- No motorized bicycles allowed
Despite the roads being private, there will be limited traffic so participants are required to adhere to Ontario’s Highway Traffic Act regulations for their safety.
- Participants must pass through the start/finish banner each lap to have their lap time recorded.
- Do not wrap race plates around the bicycle's headtube. The timing chips can be damaged and not properly record lap times.
- If a participant decides to end their ride early please notify the timing tent.
View the participant lists below:
Click here to learn more about the course. Solo and Duo teams as well as their helpers are encouraged set up a spot to relax, leave their coolers and refuel in the Pit Area. Participants may only receive support in the designated pit area or from volunteers at aid stations.
Please review the Event Liability Waiver you will be required to complete onsite before participating in the event.
Participants looking to pick up a race kit for a fellow participant need to bring a completed and signed copy of the waiver from each participant.